The highly-competitive law firm world has produced a shortage of exceptional candidates for a variety of positions. The McCormick Group’s value-added executive search service helps clients land those highly in-demand attorneys. We offer law firm clients the benefit of our in-depth knowledge of the market and the experience gained from thousands of searches and consulting engagements. We place significant emphasis on competitive intelligence that helps identify and qualify candidates. We also serve as consultants to our clients and develop the marketing case that attracts the best candidates, even those who are not looking.
For in-house law departments, the challenge is finding candidates who offer expertise in specific practice areas as well as demonstrated leadership ability. The McCormick Group focuses its searches on candidates who excel in both of these areas. We have worked with corporations, trade associations, and other legal organizations across the country to find attorneys ranging from entry-level staff lawyers to the chief legal officers of Fortune 500 companies.
In addition to working with clients to recruit top-notch legal talent, The McCormick Group represents and places high-level candidates and groups interested in exploring multiple opportunities in the legal marketplace, whether at firms or in-house. We are known for our comprehensive approach to conducting searches, and we employ the same approach in our work on behalf of lawyers in private practice and coming out of government.
The McCormick Group also provides a wide range of consulting advice to law firms. We have particular expertise in merger and acquisition exploration and negotiation, practice area development, transition counseling, and strategies involving particular offices.
- Merger of several intellectual property boutiques with larger, full-service firms
- Merger of a 15-lawyer transportation boutique with a major AmLaw 100 firm
- Placement of three separate practice groups that constitute most of the D.C. office of a 200-lawyer Southeast Law Firm
- General Counsel for a Fortune 200 manufacturing company
- General Counsel for a multi-office, international economic consulting firm
- General Counsel for a major healthcare trade association
- General Counsel for a federal government agency that regulates the postal industry
- Representation of a number of high-level officials departing government, including two Cabinet Secretaries and several United States attorneys
- Placement of hundreds of partners in law firms around the country
- Placement of hundreds of associates in law firms around the country