Company requirements of financial leaders are vastly different now than in the past given the complexities of business, a tough regulatory environment, and a global economy. Finance professionals must be grounded in the fundamentals of finance and accounting yet also proficient in management, analysis, and strategy. At The McCormick Group, we help organizations find finance professionals who are ready to play significant roles on leadership teams.
Our clients are public and private companies of a variety of sizes and across a broad range of industries. We also work with associations and not-for-profits. Representative engagements include chief financial officers, treasurers, controllers, directors of finance and administration, vice presidents of financial planning and analysis, and directors of budgets. Our expertise lies in understanding our client’s needs, identifying the top candidates, and recruiting the best professional for the position.
At every successful company, the management team relies on top-notch accounting professionals. The McCormick Group’s direct sourcing approach uncovers the top accounting candidates and introduces them to new opportunities. Moreover, we are adept at articulating a compelling case that helps our clients hire the accounting professionals who will help them meet their goals.
Our consultants work with a wide range of companies and organizations. We place controllers, chief accounting officers, internal audit and compliance professionals, department managers, public accountants in tax, audit, and consulting as well as tax and revenue professionals for state and local government. As we build long-lasting relationships with our clients, we solve challenges by matching professionals with particular skills to employers with specific needs.
Companies looking to hire the most talented and sophisticated professionals in the investment arena are in search of candidates with a unique combination of attributes. Finding the right person is even more difficult without full visibility of the pool of available talent. The McCormick Group brings in-depth market knowledge, an extensive contact network, and tenacity to every engagement. We also offer our clients the added benefit of market intelligence, including the industry’s best practices.
Our clients include private equity firms and their portfolio companies, regional financial institutions, venture capital firms, asset management companies, private wealth advisory firms, trust companies, multi-family offices, certification/regulatory organizations, and mutual funds. Representative placements include: presidents and chief executive officers of portfolio companies, managing director of fiduciary tax, family wealth advisor, national director of sales, senior portfolio managers, vice presidents of corporate finance, managing directors for investment companies, directors of investments, senior vice presidents of corporate development and strategy, business development officers, and managers of research and investments.
- Vice President, Finance and Corporate Controller for a $1 billion private equity portfolio company
- Vice President, Financial Planning and Analysis for an enterprise resource planning and project management company
- Director of Finance for a large Washington, DC-based foundation
- Director of Strategy for a Fortune 500 construction materials manufacturer
- Vice President, Finance for a communications and public affairs company
- Chief Executive Officer of a $500 million private equity portfolio company
- Senior Director-Product Management for a large Virginia-based national association
- Partners and Directors for a global public accounting and consulting firm
- Key leadership positions in the Department of Tax and Revenue for the Washington, DC government
- Manager of Compliance for the tenth largest tax firm in the United States
- Chief Financial Officer for a Washington, DC-based university
- Chief Financial Officer for the nation’s passenger rail system corporation
- Chief Financial Officer for a regional homebuilder
- Chief Financial Officer for a mid-Atlantic parking management company
- Chief Financial Officer for a regionally-based integrated communications firm
- Chief Operating Officer for an investment advisory firm
- Vice President, Strategy and Corporate Development for a $15 billion asset management firm
- Vice President, Investments with a Washington, DC-based family office
- Senior Investment Officer – Endowments and Trusts for a Virginia-based investment firm
- National Director- Fiduciary Tax for a Fortune 20 financial institution
- Family Wealth Strategist for a Fortune 50 financial institution
- National Director of Sales for a ultra-high net worth multifamily office