The McCormick Group’s Brian McCormick and Deborah Page attended the 2017 New Venture Competition (NVC) Alumni Track, which was hosted by the Harvard Business School (HBS) Club of Washington, DC. The February 23rd event was the Mid-Atlantic Regional Competition. Brian, the Executive Vice President of The McCormick Group and an alumnus of the HBS Executive Management Program, is also a Member of the Board of Directors for the HBS Club of Washington, DC.
According to the website, “the NVC Alumni Track serves as a launch pad for innovative new ventures from HBS alumni, providing access and exposure to potential investors, mentors, and advisors.” Alumni with early-stage ventures pitch their plans to a panel, which was moderated by Lisa Cuesta, Vice President of NextGen Venture Partners (far right, below).
The judges who decided the winner included (left to right):
- Javier Saade, Managing Director & General Partner, Fenway Summer
- Sam Cates, Director, GE Ventures
- David Hall, Partner, Revolution Ventures and Revolution Growth
- Penny Lee, Chair, K Street Capital
- Steve Meltzer, Partner, Corporate & Securities, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Paul Singh, Founder & CEO, Rezon8 Capital & Advisory Group (not pictured)
This year’s regional participants included ALEX, FreeFlow Medical Devices, PeopleJoy, RCT, and Sohookd. FreeFlow Medical Devices won the competition and will move forward to the global semi-finals round.