The challenge presented to law firms by retiring partners is of such wide-spread concern that The American Lawyer devoted the September 2016 edition to what author Julie Triedman calls “the graying of The Am Law 200”. Baby Boomers Pose Big Challenges for Firms delves into the aging-out of the generation, which began when the first baby boomers turned 65 in 2011.
Today, too few law firms have looked critically at succession planning or what happens when critical partners who are moving quickly toward retirement, don’t have any viable “heir-apparents” within the firm.
Andi Cullins and Steve Nelson of The McCormick Group will present some thoughts and tools to help firms think about this critical issue. Discussion will include:
- Tying succession planning to the strategic plan
- Assessing current practice areas by lawyer – level and seniority
- Identifying high potential lawyers within the firm
- Assessing career tracking and growth opportunities for current younger lawyers
- Identifying opportunities for recruitment
Please join us for our PLI Webinar on Succession Planning for Law Firms
Thursday, September 29 from 1PM to 2PM
To register: http://bit.ly/2co7FXg